As some of you may know, I’m working on something new writing-wise! It’s another YA Romance (no surprise there!) and I’m planning to debut it on June 16th. The title?
OUT OF MY LEAGUE
And I LOVE that title! It actually went through a title change at one point, one that stressed me out to the absolute max at the time, which I might go into another time. But today I thought it might be a fun idea to do a Main Character introduction kind of blog post about it and let you get to know my MC.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. What is your MC’s name and what is something quirky about them? The MC in this story is Sophia Wallace. She’s one of the editors in her high school journalism class, is an avid dog-walker, and a pretty good fake girlfriend. Something quirky? Hmm…she talks to her cat a lot!
2. What does your MC value most? She really values quality time with other people. And she really values the craft of writing. So I guess two things?
3. What is your MC’s wildest dream and her greatest fear? Ooh, that’s fun. Her wildest dream is to be chosen for her the newspaper internship, an internship at the biggest newspaper press in her county. Greatest fear? Not being good enough.
4. Who is your MC’s best friend? Sophia’s BFF is Edith Bradley, and that is so important to share, because Edith will be getting her own story as well down the line. That’ll be a ways in the future though, but I think it’ll be super cute!
5. What song best describes your MC in this book? So it doesn’t really describe Sophia, but the song Break My Heart by Hey Violet makes me think of Sophia every single time.
I’ll be doing another post about Sophia’s love interest very soon, so keep an eye out for that one as well. And if you have any other questions about Sophia—or the story in general—leave them down below and I’ll definitely make sure to add them to the WIP-tag post I plan to do!
My YA Romance, WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?, is out NOW! It's available on both ebook and paperback.
The YA Romance promo I'm a part of is still running if you're interested in finding your next new fave YA Romance! You can find the total list of books at this link! https://books.bookfunnel.com/youngloveintheair/i5bv9xlxmg