I thought it might be fun to share how my publishing plan went for What Are Friends For?! I know when I first started out, I wished I could’ve seen a few people’s times and dates. How long it could’ve taken to get something done, what their process was. I wasn’t sure when to do what! I thought it might be fun and maybe a little enlightening to see the full timeline of WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?. Hopefully you find this a little bit interesting!
I’m going to put the draft name in parenthesis just because it might be fun to see what I titled my drafts!
For my book debuting on January 14th, this is the timeline that I tried to stick to.
· Draft 1 (Remi Book 1): April 3rd—June 2nd
· Draft 2 (Remi Book 2): July 2nd—July 24th
· Beta Read: August 6th-September 9th
· Reached out to Cover Designer in August
· Reached out to Copyeditor in August
· Draft 3 (WAFF draft 2): August 30th—September 16th
· Copyedits: October 3rd—October 25th
· Cover Design Received: October 25th
· Draft 4 (What Are Friends For): October 25th-October 27th
· Set up Preorder: October 31st
· Final Proofreads: October 27th—November 20th
· Final upload to IngramSpark, KDP, Barnes and Noble: December 14th
I don’t think I’m missing much, but it feels so weird to see the whole timeline laid out like this. In the future, I really want to get all of my uploads out of the way once. I uploaded multiple drafts to IngramSpark because I kept making changes. However, in the future, I just want to do it once. Get all of the proofing out of the way before I make that final upload. For that to happen, I want to have everything finished a month before the release date. I think I can make that happen!
We shall see!
My YA Romance, WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?, debuts January 14, 2020! It's available for preorder NOW on both ebook and paperback.
Apple (it has a few books by another Sarah Sutton listed. Ignore them, though I'm sure they're super cool. If anyone knows how to fix this, hit me up): https://books.apple.com/cr/book/what-are-friends-for/id1486051510?l=en